Stylist, Janice Meredith shows us fabulous DIY Halloween costumes from baby skunk to tooth fairy and the creative costumes from the Wizard of Oz.
Add style and comfort to your fall wardrobe with clothing from Tristan!
September 16, 2016
Stylist, Janice Meredith shows us accessories from ball caps, handbags, to socks all under $50.
Get the look: How to Start Your Capsule Wardrobe
September 1, 2016
Stylist Janice Meredith shows us three outfits that are perfect additions to anyone's capsule wardrobe.
Whether you hate shopping, or you’re looking to save some time and money, a capsule wardrobe is the perfect solution. Stylist Janice Meredith shows us three outfits that would be a perfect start to anyone’s capsule wardrobe. Shop the looks below.
Shop Look 1:
floral blouse | knit cardigan | leggings
floral blouse - http://www2.hm.com/en_ca/index.html
knit cardigan - http://www.anntaylor.com/petite-ann-cardigan/410650?skuId=21631573&defaultColor=5049&colorExplode=false&catid=cata000027&utm_source=467024&utm_medium=Affiliates&utm_campaign=J84DHJLQkR4&cid=aff_J84DHJLQkR4&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-0reWnohnt45IoR15IPRvDA
leggings - http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/thebay/super-smooth-denim-leggings-0023-15154--24?site_refer=AFF001&siteID=3642631-5676018&utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=Affiliate&tag=CJ&PID=5676018
Shop Look 2:
Lace blouse | slip dress | fringe crop jacket
Lace blouse - http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/frill-neck-lace-shirt-5785886?geoip=noredirect&network=linkshare&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=J84DHJLQkR4&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-qz7eBHpFCs2FRv5O1UjNxg&cmpid=aff_lsus_J84DHJLQkR4_10&_$ja=tsid:21416%7Cprd:J84DHJLQkR4
slip dress - http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/cross-strap-slip-dress-5234596?geoip=noredirect&network=linkshare&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=J84DHJLQkR4&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-qz7eBHpFCs04glL9SPi0iQ&cmpid=aff_lsus_J84DHJLQkR4_10&_$ja=tsid:21416%7Cprd:J84DHJLQkR4
fringe crop jacket - http://www.topshop.com/en/tsuk/product/frayed-denim-jacket-5592747?geoip=noredirect&network=linkshare&utm_source=linkshare&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=J84DHJLQkR4&siteID=J84DHJLQkR4-k4Q6jVcueXF9OlTIapi6lA&cmpid=aff_lsus_J84DHJLQkR4_10&_$ja=tsid:21416%7Cprd:J84DHJLQkR4
Shop Look 3:
Zara animal print top | white blouse | Tracy Moore designed by Freda's joggers
Zara animal print top - none
white blouse - http://bananarepublic.gapcanada.ca/browse/OutOfStockNoResults.do?tid=brafca5676018&siteID=brcacid10835129&ap=2&requestedurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbananarepublic.gapcanada.ca%2Fbrowse%2Fproduct.do%3Fcid%3D1050292%26vid%3D1%26pid%3D307532003%26tid%3Dbrafca5676018%26ap%3D2%26siteID%3Dbrcacid10835129
Tracy Moore designed by Freda's joggers - none
TAGS: FASHION, FASHION FRIDAYS, HUDSON'S BAY, JESSICA MULRONEY, SHOP CITYLINE
Don't miss out on great sale items that will take you from summer to fall from Le Château!
It’s the perfect time to shop the summer sales, but it is important to start thinking about buying pieces that will transition your closet into next season. Stylist Janice Meredith shows us six transitional outfits all from Le Château! Shop the looks below.
SHOP THE LOOKS
- Shop Look 1: maxi dress | white jean jacket | wedges | fedora | bag | sunglasses
- Shop Look 2: long vest | off the shoulder blouse | shorts | sandals | headpiece
- Shop Look 3: blush blazer | blouse | printed skirt | shoes | bag
- Shop Look 4: blazer | grey jumpsuit | shoes | bag
- Shop Look 5: trench coat | denim dress | blouse | shoes
- Shop Look 6: grey vest | sleeveless blouse | leather leggings | shoes | bag
TAGS: FASHION, JANICE MEREDITH, SHOP, SHOP CITYLINE
Stylist Janice Meredith shows you how you can stay cool this summer and still look professional at work. Shop the looks below.
Rules to mix prints like a pro. It’s a huge trend for Spring and into summer. This doesn’t mean you need to go buy a new wardrobe but instead, go shopping in your own closet. Pull out all your prints and start mixing it up. Here are some tips to help you make some perfect print connections!
Stripes and animal print works as long as you use the same colour palette.
Blouse, Topshop, $125.
Jacket, Topshop, $110
Shoes, Winners, $79.99
Mixing prints can also include texture. Just make sure it is of the same colour from your print.
Top, H&M, $59.99
Pants, Banana Republic, $124
Clutch, Club Monaco, $109
Denim shoe, Winners, $99.99
Full Figure can mix prints as well. Keep print small and more minimal on the bottom.
Top by Calvin Klein, The Hudson’s Bay, $79
Pants, The Hudson’s Bay, $109
Sweater, The Hudson’s Bay, $89
Shoes, Marshalls, $59.99
Stylist Janice Meredith shows Cityline guests how to make a statement at prom and grade 8 graduation with these stunning dresses.
Nude lace by Jovanni from Poor Little Rich Girl | Silver Vince Camuto heels
Black gown by Sherri Hill from Want Boutique | Silver Vince Camuto heels
Black two-piece gown by La Femme from Want Boutique | Blue strapless dress by JVN from Poor Little Rich Girl | Black knit dress from Mendocino
Grade 8 Graduation Looks
Betsy & Adam from Hudson’s Bay | Royal blue dress by La Femme from Want Boutique
Clothing can highlight your trimmest part or it can accentuate your largest feature. A few simple tips from stylist Janice Meredith on dressing for your body can make a world of difference in your overall look.
Jacket, H&M, $79.99
White top, H&M, $39.99
Black skirt, H&M, $24.99
Statement necklace, H&M, $24.99
Block heel pump,Le Château, $39.99
Black and lace dress, Zara, $89.99
Pink leather jacket, Zara, $49.99
Pumps, Winners, $100
Floral top, Hudson’s Bay, $40
Black jeans, Levis from Hudson’s Bay, $84.50
Jacket, Hudson’s Bay, $89
Booties, Hudson’s Bay, $160
- Jackets: without any added details such as lapels or buckles. Trim to fit on the shoulder.
- Tops: not too long, not so boxy, ensure weight is light, layer with a tank if it’s more comfortable. Tops should hit in between your hips and your waist.
- Dress: illusion of shape by cutting and highlighting your thinnest part. If you are bigger busted, this empire band should be thinner.
- Shoes: pumps lengthen the leg by keeping the top of the foot open and carrying on the eye. Pumps that match your skin tone are even more successful at creating that lengthening illusion. Ankle straps cut off the leg.
- Material: lace overlay is very forgiving with the material underneath doing all the work of holding and shaping while the lace can mask dimpling and such.
- Technology: Levis 311 shaping jeans are made with extra strong elastic to lift and shape your bottom while smoothing the look of your legs.
- Cut: v-necks lengthen and draw the eye down. If you are bigger busted, this shape is most flattering. You can give the illusion of a v-neck by having your necklace come to a point.
- Illusion: the peplum is so obvious a shape that you can hide hips under there. The purpose is to highlight the thinner part while creating obvious width you can mask actual volume under.
After months of hard work with Dr. Joey Shulman, Safia, Jackie and Jen share there experience with CityLine. Style Janice Meredith has styled each of them for this show.
Janice Meredith shares the toughest New Year's resolution she's ever made with CityLine experts.
Stylist Janice Meredith found these chic looks for men and women from Simons, which has started to expand outside of its home base of Quebec.
Floral blouse, $90
Denim gaucho pant, $50
Straw hat, $29
Stripe sweater, $29.95
Trench coat, $160
White pant, $68
Red and blue scarf, $29
Cotton shirt, $69
Striped grey jacket
Strap blouse, $48
Red pant, $68
Knit skirt, $58
Paisley shirt, $69
Windowpane suit, $495
In today’s workplace environment, it’s becoming more of a blur between when work ends and socializing begins, if not happening simultaneously. The challenge lies with dressing jeans up enough to make them suitable for the office. Some HR departments are writing in explicit denim clauses in their handbook in more traditional workplaces. The go-to outfit for jeans works well for cocktails and socializing but there is some uncertainty about what is appropriate for the 9-5. Casual doesn’t equate to slovenly.
The key is tailoring – treat your jeans like your trousers and make sure they fit. You can get the gap in the back gap taken in or pick jeans with a stretch to them. No yanking or fussing with your jeans in the office. Work jeans should be sleek with no distressing. Lighter washes are more casual. Just like in Monday to Thursday dressing, use accessories to add personality and interest to your outfit.
Verdugo ultra-skinny jeans, Paige, $265
Dressy sleeveless top, Marshalls, $99.99
Jacket, Winners, $249.99
Textured pumps, Winners, $59.99
Black handbag, H&M, $39.99
Black Skyline ankle peg jeans, Paige, $225
Black blouse, H&M, $34.99
Necklace, H&M, $19.99
Vest, Winners, $34.99
Oxfords, Winners, $149.99
Handbag, H&M, $119
White Skyline ankle peg jeans, Paige, $225
Silk printed blouse, Zara, $49.90
Structured jacket, H&M, $39.99
Belt, H&M, $6.99
Woven pumps, Marshalls $99.99
Slouchy bag, Winners, $179.99
On CityLine, Stylist Janice Meredith shows you how you can take office-appropriate denim into happy hour and beyond with a few tweaks.
1. For strapless and mesh-top dresses: Strapless body suits and bustiers.
Strapless bras are great in theory, but in reality they slip, especially if you are over a C-cup. Instead, try a bustier or body suit. The increased surface area means the bustier or body suit can better grip your body and support your chest without slipping. You may also want to try going down a band size and up a cup size for a little extra hold.
2. For low-backed dresses: wrap-around bra-converting straps.
This strap, worn with a normal bra, will give you those extra couple of inches you need to pull off that slightly-too-low, low-backed dress.
3. For sleeveless and racer-back dresses: bra converters.
Not only do they help you hide your straps in the back, they also give you a little extra lift and cleavage.
4. For backless halter dresses and dresses with low arm holes: Stick-on bras with convertible straps.
The front closure helps bring your breasts together and the convertible straps give you lift that would otherwise be impossible, although they only really work on A, B, and C cups.
5. For plunging necklines: Long-line plunge bras.
Perfect for necklines that extend below your sternum.
6. For super-low spaghetti-strap dresses: strapless stick-on bras.
Some stick-on bras are made out of silicone, which can weigh your breasts down and make them look saggy, but these are super thin and lightweight. They can't do much for you in the way of lift, but they're great for keeping you covered and creating a little cleavage in barely-there dresses.
7. For backless, front-plunging dresses: Tear-drop pasties.
For C-cups and under, these special pasties use a medical-grade adhesive to lift your breasts individually and hold them in place. Sadly there is still no retail option for larger chests, although if you are really determined, you can try taping your breasts in place. Just spot test first with a small piece of tape to make sure there's no irritation, cover the nipple with a piece of fabric or a pasty to protect it, and make sure you have plenty of acetone nail polish remover and/or baby oil on hand to help you remove the tape when you're done. It's not glamorous or easy and it can be pretty uncomfortable to remove, but if you really love that dress, it's an option.
Look 1: Taylor Swift
La Femme two-piece evening dress, Want, $699.96
Zigi platform heels, Town Shoes, $125
Look 2: Carrie Underwood
La Femme long dress, Want, $695.95
Pumps, Town Shoes, $125
Look 3: Zendaya
Lace beaded top, Want, $199.95
Wow couture fringe skirt, Want, $119.95
Ted Baker pumps, Town Shoes, $225
Look 4: Ashley Monroe
Julian Joyce dress, Want, $1269.95
Heels, Town Shoes, $185
Look 5: Ellie Goulding
White dress with cape, Tadashi, $759.95
Betsey Johnson heels, Town Shoes, $89.95
Stylist Janice Meredith shows us what to look for on sale right now that will still be in style next year.
- Perfect time to invest in a holiday dress to add to your collection. Sequins is iffy as easily damaged in the store but lace will always be around. Classic cuts give you confidence your money won’t be wasted. Depending on the style, it can be used through out the entire year.
- Accessories are inexpensive ways to dress up an outfit. A sale clutch is a great addition to your inventory.
- A wrap will always be in style and a nice to have in your closet. Once you get comfortable with all the ways you can wear it, you will be so happy to picked one up on sale!
- Dressy pumps can easily be worn with jeans in the summer so add to your closet by picking a style you don’t have.
- Classic cut jackets are always a must in your closet. AND if it’s on sale, it allows you the extra budget to go get it tailored to fit you perfectly. Make sure the more expensive items are hugely discounted are classics:
- The faux fur collar adds luxe detail to the outfit.
- A classic cardigan is another must in your closet. Go for a mix blend or splurge on a deeply discounted cashmere one. Timeless for sure.
- Sale time is my time to stock up my closet with unique shoes which always pull together a few pieces into an outfit.
- This skirt is a trend skirt but so discounted it’s a fun addition without a huge commitment. Pieces that are outside your comfort zone are great to pick up during sale time but make sure its discounted enough for your own pocket book.
- These pinto leggings from Mendocino – the absolute best leggings ever! Thick, great waist band and the perfect example of something that is on sale to stock up on getting more.
- Slouchy sweaters – any sweaters – we live in Canada and will always need sweaters. Pick out those more unique ones now that they are on sale.
- The faux fur and knit vest. Amazing deal and trim and classic enough to have tons of wearable options.
- Winter coats – now is the time to pick up that extra one whether it be your extra warm one or the in between one or simply a differently coloured coat. These larger pieces need to be sold to clear up space. Just make sure to go with different to make it worthy!
- These great rubber moto boots are always in use and at any season. At $40, the leveraged cost is awesome.
Faux fur knit vest, Banana Republic, $98.99
Knit sweater, Mendocino, $47.50
Leggings, Mendocino, $55
Lined winter coat, Winners, $144
Leather biker boots, Joe Fresh, $19.94
Sweater, Joe Fresh, $9.94
Jacket, Topshop, $52.50
Faux-fur collar, Joe Fresh, $9.94
Skirt, Marshalls, $23
Fur trimmed leather gloves, Ever New, $29.95
Animal print pumps, Winners, $74
Dress, Hudson’s Bay, $109.50
Strappy heels, Ever New, $59.95
Cape, Zara, $59.99
Quilted bag, Ever New, $24.95
Tips to always follow
- Make sure you can wear it often.
- Make sure it will work in your existing closet.
- Try to cover things that are on your “nice to have” portion of your list.
- If you aren’t sure and can’t return it, put it on hold for one hour and then you take away the rushed purchase pressure.